Hindu World Wide News Network

"Hindu World Wide News Network" will have news and views about the Hindus spread across geographical boundaries, from East to West, from Japan to US.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A suicide bomber slammed a car into a Indian military jeep in Srinagar

(Reuters) - A suicide bomber slammed a car into a military jeep in Srinagar on Wednesday, killing six people -- including himself and four soldiers -- and wounding 17, police and hospital officials said.

"Suddenly there was a huge explosion," witness Ghulam Mohammad told Reuters. "I was thrown off my cycle. When I looked back I saw a lot of dust and smoke. I could hear people screaming for help."

At the site, soldiers picked up the bodies of their dead comrades and carried them away. The bomber's car was blown apart, the white military jeep he attacked left badly mangled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter